2022 - 23 Season

Madison College Performing Arts in Theater produces three fully-staged productions each year as well as specific projects to highlight and celebrate campus efforts through performance. 

SKM_Cover.jpeg

She Kills Monsters

written by Qui Nguyen

directed by Dave Pausch

RESERVE TICKETS HERE

 

Mitby Theater | OCT 28 - NOV 6, 2022

An adventurous romp into the world of fantasy role-playing games! This high-octane dramatic comedy laden with homicidal fairies, nasty ogres, and 90s pop culture, explores a young women's attempt to know her younger sister, recently killed in a car accident. Acclaimed playwright Qui Nguyen offers a heart-pounding homage to the geek, warrior, and sibling within us all.

I'm. First. Gen.

Wednesday, November 9 at 3 pm

Intercultural Exchange, 1st Floor, Truax Campus

56% of our student population at Madison College are first-generation college students (First Gen) but what does this really mean? How does their college experience differ from the remaining 44%? 

Students will share their experiences through poetry, video, monologue, spoken word and more. 

I'm First logo alt.webp
Airplane_Silouette-removebg_edited.png

The Women
of Lockerbie

written by Deborah Brevoort

directed by Allen Ebert

 

Mitby Theater | FEB 17 - 26, 2023

A mother from New Jersey roams the hills of Lockerbie, Scotland, looking for her son’s remains that were lost in the crash of Pan Am 103. She meets the women of Lockerbie, who are fighting the U.S. government to obtain the clothing of the victims found in the plane’s wreckage. The women, determined to convert an act of hatred into an act of love, want to wash the clothes of the dead and return them to the victim’s families. Although the play is loosely inspired by a true story, the characters and situations in the play are fictional. 

World
Premiere Wisconsin

Bad in Bed
(A Fairy Tale) 

by Karen Saari

Directed by Miranda Hawk

Bartell Theatre, Madison, March 3-11, 2023

Madison College Performing Arts is partnering with Madison Theatre Guild on the World Premiere of BAD IN BED (A FAIRY TALE) by Karen Saari and directed by Miranda Hawk.

 

Students will get participate in the play development process with mentorship from professional theatre artists. 

Spring Production

Mitby Theater | APR 20 - 23, 2023

Students are a very active part of our season planning. We look forward to meeting with the 2022 - 23 PAL students (Performing Arts Leadership student organization) to gauge their interests and training needs. Currently, we are considering a large musical or fully-staged classical piece. Stay tuned!

Stay Tuned Red.jpeg